Archive for April 25th, 2011

Update on the Star Quilt

I removed all of the star blocks from the quilt (top) that was first posted on Apr 19 (What’s Next?). I have washed and ironed each of them. Most of the stains came out, and the blocks look so much brighter.  

There are 19 blocks total but there are some holes in a few. One block will be lost completely as I am salvaging it for pieces leaving 18 blocks. I want to buy some fabric that better matches and coordinates some of the blocks (quality sale fabric), but I have decided to use some of the old sashing for some of the backs of the pillows.

I am also considering the possibility of a table runner made with some of the blocks, but let me get some of the pillows finished first. At the moment, I am working on some repairs then I will begin quilting.


Happy Gardening!



Read Full Post »

%d bloggers like this: